The Discover Golf Approach
With Ken Malnar's coaching, there is a guarantee that your experience will be rooted in the most up-to-date golf instruction techniques.
He has integrated the DiscoverGolf coaching system into his programming. This system is a measured application of universally accepted research that implores young athletes (and their coaches) to base early sporting experiences around free play, slowly moving to more structured forms of deliberate practice.
DiscoverGolf is a product of 10 years of hypothesis testing. At the intersection of developmental psychology, motor learning, game design, and digital craftsmanship come is a product and coaching methodology that has provided ten of thousands of junior golfers with lower scores and memories for a lifetime.
We recognize that each junior athlete brings a unique fingerprint to our training. Our programs strike a balance between presenting our most popular and effective class design with dynamic program features that support the limitations and existing skill set of each junior athlete.
DiscoverGolf utilizes a holistic approach. Golf is an incredible medium for communicating a diverse range of themes. Our values as a coaching collective are to help juniors gain perspective on how the preparation towards becoming physically and mentally prepared for golf will have positive effects on all aspects of their life. This holistic approach is rooted in the following:
- Lifestyle Integration: Juniors are asked to evaluate and set goals towards integrating fitness into their existing lifestyle habits.
- Movement: A healthy body is a body that is not afraid to move and is consistently seeking interesting ways of self-exploration and expression.
- Strength: Our students develop foundational strength through a progression of the strength's master movements.
- Nutrition: Nutrition is one of the pillars of our mastery curriculum. Our juniors learn how to manage and plan their fuel sources for a healthy body and mind.
- Mindfulness: Much of our mental training revolves around learning to become more mindful. A quiet mind is a skill that transcends the sport of golf.